Saturday, September 5, 2009

a little scrappin...

Another challenge done for the 123 Scrapbook! Twist Competition.
Week 5 & the chall was...
YOU HAVE TO USE ALCOHOL INKS ON 3 SEPARATE THINGS ON YOUR LAYOUT
THE TWIST: YOU CANNOT USE ACETATE
So this is what I managed to do..


I coloured flowers, buttons & a butterfly!!
Well...Let me say I've used A-Inks i think once before & got into a terrible mess & not used them again!! Then when the twist was that you can't use acetate I had no idea what to do. Asked a friend - Mrs Chris who is an A-Inks expert!! She said that you can use it on anything...so I gave it a go!!
I ended up - in a mess but a happy mess - covering a chippie butterfly in white UTEE & then dripped 'Cranberry' & 'Eggplant' A-Ink onto it & blew on it through a straw to move the ink around, then I dabbed it with some 'Pearl' A-Ink which just made it so pretty!!


What you think?? I think its gorgeous - love the colours & patterns!!

I also coloured some buttons using 'Lettuce' A-Ink, dropped the ink on & gently blew on it through a straw to move the ink around. I did dabbed some 'Pearl' A-Ink on them to.
Then the flowers!! Mrs Chris said you could use the Inks on anything but she did say she'd not tried paper flowers??!! So I'd give it a go..whats the worst that can happen!! I had some Petaloo -Sweet Petites flowers that are very pretty but the stark white colour of them didn't match my LO. Soooo...i inked up the felt pad with some 'Cranberry' & Eggplant' A-Inks & dabbed it on. Magic, it worked perfectly to colour them, I add some 'Pearl' over the top as the colours were a little bright. I love 'em & am very pleased with the end LO.

xx

3 comments:

Melissa said...

very gorgeous...paper flowers(kaiser) are perfect for spraying with alcohol inks/water/perfect pearls and so easy...and you can make any colors...not so messy if you put them in the misters...i put a mini-post on my blog...xx melissa
love your butterfly...i so wanted to participate in all those challenges but we are in the middle of shifting condos...

just another day said...

very noice Kye

Belinda Venables said...

Hi Kylie.
I had no idea that a link to my blog was on the KC blog until you mentioned it...lol. :)
Thanks for the kind words. I'm off to take a little look around your wonderful blog.
Enjoy your week.
Belinda
xx